Being able to enable, is our greatest achievement
- At the behest of the State Government of Himachal Pradesh, a proposal for the upgradation of Special School for Hearing and Visually Impaired children at Sundernagar, Dist. Mandi (HP) and Dhalli, Dist. Shimla (HP), from Class V to Class X was prepared and submitted to the Director, Directorate of Social Justice & Empowernment (HP). The schools are run by the State Government and Council for Women and Child Welfare. The proposal was submitted, accepted and approved by the Himachal Pradesh State Government and has since been successfully implemented.
- Long-term courses were initiated for the first time in the State, on approval by the RCI. Hitherto unavailable, these long-term courses like the DHLS, DSE(MR), DSE(VI) and CPO being run at CRC have resulted in the creation of a cadre of professionals within Himachal Pradesh, a first for the State.
- Almost all the students who have graduated from the long-term courses at CRC, have been successfully placed in various Government special school, NGOs and SSA projects across Himachal Pradesh and the adjoining states.
- At the initiative of CRC with the Department of Health (HP), a medical board has been set up. It functions once a month at the Sub-Divisional Hospital Sundernagar, Dist. Mandi (HP). While there is a medical board in all the districts, the functioning of the medical board at Sundernagar has been particularly a boon for the patients of Sundernagar and nearby areas, especially for the timely issue of disability certificates.
- CRC has been actively associated with various DIETs of Himachal Pradesh in the implementation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. In orientation of various disabilities, the Centre conducts independent short-term training courses for regular school teachers.
- CRC periodically organizes assessment cum distribution camps across Himachal Pradesh in collaboration with the District Administration.
- CRC is focussed on imparting vocational training like carpentry, paper envelope making, incense stick making, and so on, to persons with disabilities. To CRC's credit, some of the disabled persons, backed by the efforts of the rehabilitation officer, have even been provided with means of living.
CRC is committed to strive earnestly to encompass almost all the areas of rehabilitation. Whether it is early intervention, education, manpower development, vocational training, individualized education programmes, home-based programmes or awareness generation, it is endeavouring to ensure that the differently-abled can look forward to a better life ahead.To know more about the achievements of CRC, please explore